AUM SRI SAIRAM
“Sri Sathya Sai Balvikas – Avatar’s gift to humanity”
(A value based exhibition by bal vikas children)
With the divine grace and blessings of our beloved Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba Varu, an exhibition titled “Sri Sathya Sai Balvikas – Avatar’s gift to humanity”, a value-based Balvikas exhibition was held on 27th and 28th July 2019 at Sri Sathya Sai Nivas, Perambur in commemoration with the Golden Jubilee year celebrations of Sri Sathya Sai Bal Vikas.
State office bearers, district office bearers and senior Gurus, along with Principals and Head Masters of schools in the district participated in the inaugural function. The inaugural function consisted of bhajans by bhajan-vikas children, welcome address by the district president, exhibition at a glance by the District Educational Coordinator, a special address by the State Educational Coordinator and presidential address by the Chief Guest. The program concluded with Maha Mangala Aarthi to Bhagawan. The exhibition was facilitated to the visitors from 05:00 pm to 07:30 pm on 27th July, 10:00 am to 06:00 pm on 28th July respectively.
The two floored exhibition comprised of paintings and models on life of
- young Sathya to Sai,
- Significance of avatars,
- doll exhibition on Ramayana with value additions to every episode,
- Veda Poshana – an aesthetic depiction of Athi Rudra Maha Yagnam,
- Sarva Dharma Stupa and unity of faiths,
- Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisations at a glance,
- nine point code of conduct – a practical demonstration by bal vikas children,
- the three main projects of Bhagawan namely, Water project, Education and Medical projects besides the Sri Sathya Sai Mobile Hospital,
- standees on the curriculum highlights of Balvikas group I, II & III,
- a pictorial depiction of Ceiling on desires,
- SMILE and be happy – a practical demonstration to overcome worry, fear, anxiety, value games for children,
- Five elements with 5Ds,
- Life is a game play but follow the rules of the Game,
- an interesting depiction based on Cricket,
- exhibition by Sri Sathya Sai Skills Schools mahila,
- a video show on the significance of Balvikas and
- a mehndi stall for the entertainment of the children was held.
The most significant feature of the exhibition was that each sequence was explained by children tirelessly and with bubbling enthusiasm on both the days which enthralled the visitors. Besides this, information pamphlets regarding details of departments and enquirers of Super Specialty Hospitals, Prasanthigram and Whitefield, mobile hospital venues in Tamil Nadu and pamphlet on the significance of Balvikas with the addresses and contact numbers of balvikas centers in the district were distributed to the visitors.
To promote sound mind in a sound body, Sai Protein (200 gms) along with a pamphlet on the method of preparation was distributed to around 850 children.
To promote new Balvikas children and members into the Organisation a lucky draw was held through registration and prizes were distributed to the first three prize winners.
Swami says –“ Take one step towards me and I will take a hundred toward you”. With the dawn of the new year a personal sadhana of
- daily Omkaram & Suprabhatham,
- chanting of Gayathri, Sai Gayathri mantra (21 times each),
- reading of Sai Inspires and
- Aum Sri Sairam likhita japam
was undertaken with fervent prayers placed at Bhagawan’s Lotus Feet in commemoration of the Golden jubilee of Balvikas. Balvikas children, Gurus, parents, seva dal and members of the Organisation joined in this daily sadhana and Koti Likhita Nama Japam sadhana has been undertaken to be completed by Guru Poornima.
Campaigning was undertaken through pamphlet distribution, displaying of banners at prominent places, distribution of pamphlets at school premises, recorded messages regarding the exhibition. To facilitate more participation private bus and vans were hired to transport samithi Balvikas children and parents, children of schools in the district, SSSVIP village devotees, and others. By Swami’s immense grace, prasadam distribution was done to all the attendees on both the days.
Owing to the overwhelming response of elders and visitors who were completely bowled over by the rendition of the tiny tots, the exhibition was extended to one more Sunday, 4th August 2019 from 10:00 am to 05:00 pm in which balvikas children from neighboring districts of Tiruvallur, Kanchi North, Chennai metro south and west besides school children visited the exhibition. With the festive look akin to Kumbh mela, the value-based exhibition was graced by more than 2300 visitors of which 850 were children. The above Gnana yagna was the proof of the united, untiring effort of Balvikas children, Gurus, Seva dals, youth boys, youth girls and members of the Organisation. It was truly an out-pour of the love for our beloved Bhagawan.
Sri J Venugopal, State President, Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation-Tamilnadu,
Sri Chandrasekaran S.R, State President, Chennai Metro Region, Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation,
Feedback & Helpline: firstname.lastname@example.org